Ethos & Values
At Thornhill Academy, we take pride in developing each individual pupil to achieve their potential and make a positive contribution to society.
We provide a safe, happy, and nurturing environment in which we challenge all to strive for personal accomplishment within a broad, vibrant, and enriched curriculum.
- To create an environment in which all take responsibility for their actions, behaviour, and learning; relishing challenges and learning from failures
- To recognise and develop the whole child – physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually, to create active and responsible citizens who lead a successful and fulfilled life
- To create a safe, supportive, and happy working environment in which diversity is celebrated and both pupils and staff thrive
- To develop a lifelong passion for learning through high-quality teaching which fosters curiosity and promotes independence
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to engage in a wide-range of enrichment experiences
- To provide a curriculum appropriate to the needs of all pupils built upon the equality of opportunity, ensuring all students realise their academic potential
- To develop an inclusive and welcoming approach to parents/carers and their wider community, recognising their key role in a pupil’s education