Ethos & Values
At Thornhill Academy, we take pride in developing each individual pupil to achieve their potential and make a positive contribution to society.
We provide a safe, happy, and nurturing environment in which we challenge all to strive for personal accomplishment within a broad, vibrant, and enriched curriculum.
- To create an environment in which all take responsibility for their actions, behaviour, and learning; relishing challenges and learning from failures
- To recognise and develop the whole child – physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually, to create active and responsible citizens who lead a successful and fulfilled life
- To create a safe, supportive, and happy working environment in which diversity is celebrated and both pupils and staff thrive
- To develop a lifelong passion for learning through high-quality teaching which fosters curiosity and promotes independence
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to engage in a wide-range of enrichment experiences
- To provide a curriculum appropriate to the needs of all pupils built upon the equality of opportunity, ensuring all students realise their academic potential
- To develop an inclusive and welcoming approach to parents/carers and their wider community, recognising their key role in a pupil’s education
As part of Consilium Academies, we're committed to the following Equality Objectives:
- Embed a strong data management system across the Trust, supporting each academy to monitor and analyse pupil achievement and progress by ethnicity, gender, and disability, and act on any trends or patterns in this data that identify the need for additional support for pupils with the aim of narrowing the gap for equality groups.
- Implement a Trust-wide HR information system, ensuring that this incorporates the ability to provide robust reporting on and monitoring of equalities data.
- Through the use of peer networks across the Trust, ensure that the PSHE curriculum across the Trust is broad and balanced, and provides students with a high-quality education surrounding equality and diversity.
- Plan systematically to improve our understanding and promotion of diversity, establishing an equality and diversity focus group to drive this aspect of our work and ensure that our equality and diversity practices are sector-leading.