School Closure - 15th November
Urgent - we are required to close the school to students on Monday 15th November due to issues with our gas supply.
Dear Students and Parents,
We have contacted you all with the unfortunate news that we are required to close the school to students on Monday 15th November due to issues with our gas supply. Work has begun, but it has not been completed and as such, we cannot open the school tomorrow. We hope that this enforced closure will be one day only, but we will update you tomorrow when we are given further details. While school is closed, we will move to remote learning and all students are expected to follow this from home.
During remote learning, students continue to have access to their regular lessons and curriculum via Class Charts. Students are expected to follow their regular timetable and complete lesson work from home. All remote learning content can be found here.
- All students are expected to log into Class Charts and access the zoom link for their virtual tutor session at 8:45am. Here students will receive the guidance and support to ensure they are set for a day of learning.
- Students will find their work in the homework section of Class Charts and all remote learning will be identified as 'blended learning' and prefixed with ICA (in case of absence).
- Where possible, teachers will offer live Zoom lessons. Links to these lessons will be found in the notes attached to students timetables in Class Charts.
- Class Charts messenger can be used to communicate with teachers should any additional support be required.
- We will be tracking student attendance and engagement in lessons as usual.
- Year 10 and 11 should attend lessons and any planned exams will be rearranged.
- Students should bring all of their work back to school with them when we're open.
Our expectations, support and further guidance for remote learning can be found in the parents' section of our website. Please contact your Head of Year or our remote learning lead Mrs Crooks if you need any further assistance.
Year 7 email@example.com
Year 11 firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Learning Lead email@example.com
Please accept our sincere apologies for this closure. However, we do look forward to a successful day of learning, despite the strange circumstances.