Year 11 Teacher Assessed Grades Update
An update regarding Teacher Assessed Grades for 2021.
We are really pleased with the ongoing positive attitude and commitment from our year 11 pupils. It is understandable that, at times, the uncertainty of the last few months will cause additional stress and pressure on pupils. We want to reassure pupils that all they need to think about is what we would always have expected of them:
- Attend school and attend lessons,
- Engage with learning in lessons and homework, and do your best,
- Work with teachers and follow their advice and guidance,
- Take time to revise and prepare for any assessments.
With further guidance from the JCQ, exam boards we can advise that:
- Evidence will be collected against each of the assessment objectives for each qualification studies.
- Pupils must ensure they are working towards the best possible evidence to show their capability
- Evidence will only be collected on the content that has been taught.
- Teachers will share with pupils the evidence that is being used but cannot share the grade.
- A lack of evidence may result in a teacher being unable to award a grade
- Teachers will ensure that sufficient content has been completed and assessed to enable a smooth transition to pupils’ next phase of education.
In this section of our website, you will be able to find out information via the links to an OFQUL infographic, our fact sheet, our Centre Policy, and the JCQ Guidance for parents and pupils.
This can feel like an overwhelming time, but we are here to support you. If you feel you need additional support, please speak to your teachers in the first instance. You can also get wellbeing advice and support from:
Kooth - https://www.kooth.com/
Washington Mind - https://washingtonmind.org.uk/
- You are continuing to work towards your qualification, it is all still to play for, show your teachers what you are capable of!
- Teachers are continuing to teach, review, revise and assess to gather the evidence of what you are capable of!
- Good luck year 11!